Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mommy Dearest

Today I'm doing a blog in honor of my mother. Taylor has been out of town on his annual South Dakota hunting trip so my mom has been staying with me. For those of you who don't know her she is Miss Organization. She is probably the biggest clean freak/organizational freak that I've ever met. Growing up I wanted to shoot myself. My room always had to be clean, every square inch including all my drawers, closet space etc. As much as I hated it during my childhood I love it now that I'm grown up. Every time she comes up now, she helps me de-clutter and organize my house. This time we went through all the things I had in my basement storage and cleaned it out and organized it. I had a few rough moments where I curled up in the fetal position in the corner because there was so much stuff it was overwhelming, but she always talked me through it. And now that it's organized, I am soooo glad. Thank you mom!

Besides organizing, we had great time. We went shopping, went out to eat (a few more times than we should) went to a pumpkin patch with Jenny and the kids and played non-stop with Logan. I'm so excited for Taylor to come home but I'm sad for her to leave. 

2 comments:

G said...

I didn't see anything about how you and your sister can't live without mom for more than a few weeks.

Elise said...

Where was she when you were in college! JK:) I still remember her coming and cleaning your bathroom. She must be so proud that she finally got through to you.