Thursday, October 9, 2008

My New Love






We finally did it! What seemed like forever of looking and talking about buying a new car, we went out and actually purchased one. It's a 2008 Toyota 4Runner and it's a beauty.  It's an SR5 V6 4x4 with limited rims, running boards, and a sun roof. We absolutely love it!! Now, anytime we go anywhere, we fight over who gets to drive. Usually the person who wins is the one that can run out the door the fastest and get in the driver seat. Now that we have the 4Runner we are going to be selling the Chevy Cavalier. Jenny asked me if that was going to make me sad and I laughed. Don't get my wrong, it's been a great car, but it has its issues. I'm pretty sure my Cavalier was a special model that they made with only 1 cylinder. 0-60 in 1.2 minutes if you know what I mean.  


Things I'll miss about the Cavalier aka the Crapalier:

(1) How the car shakes uncontrollably when I come to a stop

(2) The oil leak that never stops no matter how many times we've had it fixed

(3) The clanking noise the engine makes

(4) How the air conditioning only has two settings - small breeze and hurricane

(5) The scratch on the side where the pole jumped out from nowhere and hit my car


5 comments:

Karie said...

How exciting Mandy! I love the new car! Although, I can think of some good memories in the Cavalier. :)

Elise said...

There were some good times in that Cavalier. Not with me, but I'm sure there were plenty of guys who had some good times in that car;) I'll never forget our trip to Reno where we wouldn't let Angela drive b/c she was going too slow. Sorry Ang! Well I love the new car. You should take a drive over here to Pittsburgh!

Angela said...

Awe, we had some good times in teh Cavalier though. Like that one time we went to Sconecutter in the middle of the night and Karie banged her head on the window. Priceless. And, Elise, I'd never had a ticket at that point in my life, so I was a little bit of a wimp about it, okay?

Karie said...

That's exactly what I was thinking about, Ang. :)

Mandy said...

I can remember that trip to Sconecutters like it was yesterday. I don't think I've ever laughed that hard in my entire life. Oh the memories...